In response to the recent survey provided to parents about how the school year is going, Fayetteville High School will be implementing some changes based on your feedback. We want you to know that we are committed to the continuous improvement process and want to be responsive to the needs of our school community. Keeping this in mind, the following changes will go into effect beginning October 16, 2020:
- Teachers will make every attempt to post all homework assignments for the upcoming week to Google Classroom on Friday. Doing so will give you a glimpse of the week ahead in terms of work that will need to be completed by your child. Additionally, for those families that have elected to receive Google Classroom summaries, you will receive one email with all the information for your child’s classes.
- Teachers will not be assigning new work on Fridays to students other than an attendance exit ticket. Instead, Fridays will be times for your child to ZOOM with teachers during virtual office hours or receive additional support from teachers if they are struggling academically.
- Teachers will make every effort to name assignments in Google Classroom and Home Access Center (HAC) the same thing so you can easily identify missing work.
- Teachers will update their gradebooks every two weeks so you can view Home Access Center (HAC) and have an accurate view of your child’s progress.
- Teachers will mark missing work with a code of “Z” in their gradebook for any assignments they will accept for full credit. If your child has incomplete work, please encourage them to find out what can still be turned in for full credit so they can improve their grade.
Thank you again for providing your feedback to us. Fayetteville High School staff are learning to teach during a global pandemic and we understand that we need to be flexible in our approach to meet the needs of your child. We will continue to evaluate our operating procedures and make adjustments as necessary. We appreciate your continued partnership and advocacy of Fayetteville High School.